Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Hate The Auto Industry

I stated earlier that I wasn't going to "name names." Well, after yet another miserable experience with yet another Jeep dealership, I am going to name names. The following "certified five star" dealerships are absolute crap:

As intelligent consumers, I ask all my readers to not visit either dealership unless absolutely necessary - they are unworthy of your time and money. Neither business has any business being, well, in business.

Allow me to explain my most recent adventures with Darcars. After electing to drop my short-lived relationship with Farrish, I located Darcars, which was willing to perform the fuel pump recall. Last Sunday, I scheduled an appointment for Wednesday (yesterday), expecting - based on their estimate - to drop Rhonda off in the morning and pick her up after work. No dice. My "personal service center representative" called Wednesday afternoon to inform me there was a "recall on the recall," so they wouldn't get the part in "for 3 to 4 business days," which really meant "Monday at the earliest." Are they serious? Wouldn't any sensible, profit-driven business order the part on Monday if I have an appointment for Wednesday? C'mon, folks, the automotive industry is a service industry!

Considering my earlier failures with other dealerships, I thought it best to wait it out and let Darcars do what they needed to do. How foolish I was. You see, my Jeep doesn't have a top, so I asked Darcars to keep it indoors in the event of rain. They willingly complied, offering no objections or concerns. This afternoon, however, they called to tell me that my "Jeep is outside without a top, and it's raining." I called back, stating - not questioning - "You said you would keep it indoors." To this my representative said, "Well, yes, but we did not have room." And then it got worse: "Oh, and there is a fifty dollar per day lot fee for holding cars," which really meant I've already been charged fifty dollars to have my Jeep rained on because of their gross negligence.

Let me say it again: I hate the automotive industry. If I've insulted you, consider yourself part of a problem that could prove wildly profitable if someone would @#%$ing fix it.

So now, in order to avoid another fifty dollar charge, I have to pick my Jeep up, only to drop it off again at 7:00 am on Monday with the hope they can fix it in one working day. But I don't think that's the case. I am going to pick it up, yes, but I will not take it back; Darcars has lost my business.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dietsch said...

Lets burn the place down. Fuck um.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home