Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Be Bold

A moving post, Mr. Beerman, but I must take issue with one point: Memorial Day does not signify the first opportunity to wear "all of those white outfits that have been cooped up in your closet all winter long." In reality, it marks the day in which the fashionably-feeble-minded again follow an antiquated pattern, so to speak.

As the informed minority knows, white should be worn year 'round. It's a clean, multifarious color that punctuates nearly any outfit, and flatters pears, apples, and carrots alike. As a base color, white, similar to black, has the uncommon ability to be garish yet tactful, outspoken yet refined. It is the James Bond of the color wheel.

I highly recommend that everyone - from the fashion novice to the seasoned shopper - take white for a test drive. I dare you not to get a compliment. I dare you. Ten bucks says a pair of khaki linen pants coupled with a white linen shirt will catch a few lingering glances on an unseasonably warm day in April. If you are feeling extra-ordinarily zealous, might I suggest a pastel/white combination? If people question your presumably out-of-season style, simply state, "My grandfather owns a winery in Chile, which, coincidentally, is blossoming under the heat of the mid-summer sun. I just stepped off my charter following a two week holiday." Then, looking them squarely in the eye, turn up your nose, and "go'n brush your shoulder off."

Keep it classy, Virginia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home