Friday, May 26, 2006

Yes, I Love Maryland

Yes, Mr. Beerman, I did see the subtle irony at first - and then I read the rest of my blog.

Nowhere in The Recipe's hallowed pages do I offer an allegiance to the Commonwealth, let alone anything beyond the Old Line State's impregnable boundaries. The title of my blog is but a title.

I was born, raised, and educated in Maryland, and, to date, I have not discovered a place - despite my many travels - that I would rather call home. I might reside in Virginia, but I will always look to the east for the intangible sense of self-worth that stems solely from one's roots.

Maryland is a magnificent place. I've heard the "grass is always greener on the other side," and, for the first time, I truly believe it - because of my "cross-Potomac" residence. Maryland provides everything I want in this life: mountains, rivers, beaches, friendly folks, cities with history and "charm," and, of course, my family.

You see, Mr. Beerman, one can leave their home town/state, but the lessons and values they acquired there will live with them. Maryland taught me a great deal, and I am forever grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home