Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Wedding Recap

I would like to say that great things happened at the wedding. I would like to say Mr. Beerman and I made a difference. But, alas, I cannot. The rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and after party were all far too classy for the likes of us Yanks. We were simply outclassed.

So I'll spare you the boring details and say that the wedding was beautiful. Our friend got lucky, found himself a beautiful lady, and did the right thing. Everyone was very happy for them.

I should, though, talk about our post-wedding breakfast. On Sunday, Mr. Beerman and I went out to brunch in downtown Memphis. We arrived, apparently, fashionably early, and ended up walking the city's fine streets for an hour. We finally ended up at the Majestic Cafe where, much to our delight, there was ample outdoor seating. And even more to our delight, we were graced by a young, outgoing waitress - who was still slightly drunk from the bachelorette party the night before.

She made no attempts to hide her intoxication, and, in fact, seemed to embrace it. Perhaps she was only taking Beerman and I for a couple of suckers, but we were happy to play along. Her company was thoroughly enjoyed, and provided the perfect ending to our weekend away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home