Friday, March 30, 2007

Hospitals

So I recently broke my hand, and, after much debate, went to the ER for x-rays. The staff at Howard County General were quite nice and helpful, but one doctor in particular made my day.

A younger woman, the resident radiologist was very concerned with the health and well-being of my hand. She was so concerned, in fact, that she misread my chart and thought I came to have an earlier injury checked out, my metal thumb from long ago. From what I gathered, she was unaware that I was aware that my hand hurt.

"Well, Mr. Cook, I've reviewed your films, and your thumb seems to be okay. It doesn't appear to have shifted but - does your hand hurt? - I think you broke this bone here."




And yes, Mr. Lee, the young radiologist was easy on the eyes. Howard County General is a bit of a hike from NOVA, but well worth a crack in ol' righty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home