Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Forgive Me?

Dear [Insert Your Name Here],

I apologize for not writing in quite some time, it's just that I've been exceptionally busy lately. It seems that every time I sit down and grab a pen - or keyboard, as it were - the phone rings, my Inbox swells, or the bossman walks by and stares over the cubicle wall. No matter what I do, I can't seem to find but a moment's time to write you.

It's not that I don't care to write, or even that I forgot - I just can't put my thoughts into words. Please don't think it's something you did. It's me, honest. Maybe it's the weather, the soaring housing costs, or the ongoing insurgency in Iraq, but there's been too much on my mind lately.

No, no - please don't think I am forgetting about you! In fact, it's quite the contrary. Knowing that I can come home everyday and pour my heart out to you is the only thing that keeps me sane. You complete me, [insert your name here]. I guess, at the end of the day, when it's all said and done, I don't always write you because I know you are the only person who will always be there for me, no matter what. It's times like these when I know I can go through life with you.

I hope you understand, and, more importantly, that I did not hurt you. I promise to write more often, and always afford you my undivided attention. You are far too important to me.

Love,
Dr. Cook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home