Thursday, January 18, 2007

It Really Works!

In response to the first Ask Kobes installment, the ever-insightful Kiki recommended that, when complimented by a female coworker, I should "make a mental note to compliment the lady at a later time."

Well, I employed the tactic this morning...and it worked wonders.

A young - married! - lady at the gym usually compliments my attire as I leave in the morning. I always want to return the favor, but I am - rather, was - reluctant to do so because it's hard to compliment someone who is wearing their work uniform. So, this morning, I said her red shoes were "lovely." Her face lit up, and I felt she greatly appreciated the genuine compliment. Now to get the husband out of the way...

And, speaking of married women, the answer to the trivia question, to those who remember, was the married woman at Ragtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home