Friday, January 05, 2007

We Need Estrogen

Not to be sexist or anything, but I thought The Recipe could use a bit more estrogen. Mr. Beerman, who we thought could fill the gap, has since succumbed to Madame Clinton's increasing manliness (remember the pants?).

So I've added a link to Last Chance, Honey, the home of our good friend Kiki Kobes. Here is a lovely excerpt:

The other day, I was sitting in a meeting with two prominent DC men. They're old buddies, and I'm new to the scene. A majority of my time was spent leaning back in my chair, observing, listening closely, and taking it all in. The meeting was pretty much what I expected. Garbled Senate shorthand talk. Did you see so-and-so on Meet the Press? Ridiculous, I know. Majority leader. Ethics committee meeting.

Etc etc etc.

The polished jackass grin was about to fall off my face when the conversation suddenly relaxed, unbuckled its belt, and began to rub its belly appreciatively. So, one DC guy said to the other, did you see ---- ------- on television? She is just SMOKING, isn't she? And the other DC guy said back,

Oh hell yes.

And suddenly, I sat up to the fact that I was totally lost.

It should be explained I'm not judging. Not at all. Despite going to a women's college it's not like I haven't spent my whole life around heterosexual men. I get it, and it's fine. At the bar, if Dan asks me if I think someone's hot, I'll answer unabashedly. When Ed and I went out in Boston, I dragged every cute Asian girl I encountered over to meet "the best big brother ever." And for guys my age, this works. We bond. I'm a tomboy.

1 Comments:

Blogger mtkobes said...

I just saw this!! You've made my day. Seriously, I'm so excited.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home