Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday morning musings

- A new video store recently opened up near my house, which means that I can continue to postpone joining Netflix. Not that I have a problem with Netflix or other online companies per se, but I feel that Netflix takes some of the fun out of renting movies. I always enjoyed the act of going to the video store, seeing what was available, and getting a random movie that I had always planned on seeing but never did (like I did with Casablanca last night). With Netflix I feel that watching a movie becomes something that you need to do, not something you want to do. It would be a chore, a homework assignment.

- After much deliberation, my roommates and I have decided that we are sick of ironing our clothes on the kitchen table and we will finally purchase an ironing board. I will keep you posted on any developments.

- I had made it through all of May, June, and most of July without getting a single mosquito bite, which I think is a rather impressive feat. I certainly made up for it yesterday, when I was bitten at least 15 times.

- Lower Manhattan will be under water before anyone in the conservative establishment takes global warming seriously.

- Is it wrong that I find myself thinking of Mr Lee's love life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home