Saturday, September 23, 2006

10:15 on a Saturday Night...

Well, not quite 10:15, but nearly. I'm sitting here trying to decide if I feel like pursuing any options for this Saturday night. Do I try to go out in the city, and maybe find some music to listen to? Do I find a Brooklyn bar to chill at for a few hours? Do I stay in, maybe watch a flick, go to bed early and hit the gym in the morning? As I ponder my choices over a cup of jasmine tea and a lopsided college football game on the tube, I realize that while this city never sleeps, the longer I wait, the fewer options I will have at my disposal.

But maybe that's what I really want. Maybe my procrastination is really a subconscious effort to stay home this evening. Maybe I don't want to listen to loud music in a crowded room with a lot of other people. Maybe I don't want to hang out with other people this evening. Maybe I want to pop in a movie and drink the Russian beer that I bought myself as a present on my trip down to Brighton Beach this afternoon. Maybe the only reason that this is even an issue is the fact that I am 22 years old, and "society" tells me that I should be out on the town on a Saturday night, drinking cheap beer, taking shots, starting pointless conversations with unmemorable girls. Maybe I don't want to conform to society's desires tonight. With that, we'll catch you on the flip side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home