Sunday, September 17, 2006

Assorted Thoughts...

Things have been rather quiet around here lately - where are you, Mr. Beerman? - so I thought I would throw up some garbage to keep folks at least mildly interested. We don't want that hit counter falling, do we?
  • Another successful party at the Ol' Pimp Lean House. The usual suspects were all in attendance. We also tagged a few newbies, who, despite being cast into a lively crowd, provided a strong performance. Tip of the hat to you, Ass Hole (et al).
  • On a related note, I am long overdue for a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Leonard. I think I have a fever...
  • What does it mean to be great?
  • My dog is incredibly lazy. She's been sleeping under the coffee table since we got up this morning. I think she drinks too much.
  • Monterey's Pizza is the best pie I've had in a very long time. If you're in the Alexandria area, I suggest you check them out - you will walk away a better person.
  • I don't like Fall - do you capitalize the "f"? - weather. Too depressing.

So there are a few nuggets of unwisdom. Can we talk about Charlene now? Good, me too. Dietsch and I finally got the ol' brawd coughing on Saturday. Apparently she fires up if you pour gasoline directly into the carb. She dies pretty quick, but it's comforting to know there's life under the hood. Next step, it would seem, is to rebuild or replace the carburetor. I think I will do both - install a new carburetor, and rebuild the old one as a learning exercise. Worst that could happen is I fix the old one and I can reinstall to keep that "off the lot" authenticity. I think she will be ready to run for snowboard season roadtrippin'...

Dietsch and I will be heading to Ireland for a couple of weeks. Needless to say, things will be rather quiet around here, but I will try to drop a line or two. Hopefully Beerman will pick up the slack. We are both excited about our first real vacation since joining the working world. I hope I can remove myself completely from work while I'm away. I don't want to be worried about my Inbox.

And on that note, we'll see you when we see you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home