Monday, May 15, 2006

Washington DC 1, New York 0

Old Town Alexandria - The First Annual Mid-Atlantic Top City Classic kicked off Saturday night, ending just as Vegas predicted, with Washington DC cruising to an easy victory. In the final battle, held before a crowd of hundreds, "Democracy's Swamp," led by Dr. Cook, crawled back from a unprovoked, preemptive strike orchestrated by Mr. Beerman of New York. It was truly a fight for the ages.

In a press conference after the match, Dr. Cook confessed, "He [ Mr. Beerman] snuck up behind me - I never saw him coming. Thank goodness my cat-like reflexes never rest." Dr. Cook exhibited unparalleled composure and dedication despite seemingly insurmountable odds. Sports analysts are already dubbing the battle "the birth of a dynasty."

"I guess we know, after all, which city is better," Mr. Beerman offered through tear-swelled eyes. "I learned a valuable lesson out here tonight. It's not about financial clout; when it's all said and done, political power always wins. I should have known it all along. They [Washington DC] are too damn good."

Immediately following the match, Mr. Beerman's trainer promised a rematch: "We will reread this story, but I assure you - I'll put my entire career on the line - a very different ending is in store." Mr. Beerman declined to comment on the rumored battle, but a source "very close" to the fighter, speaking under anonyminity, stated, "No one can come back from a defeat like that. No one. He is a broken man. I doubt he will ever show his face public again."

Dr. Cook sent his sincerest condolences to Mr. Beerman's family on Mother's Day. "I just hope you all are okay," he wrote in a personal correspondence. No reply has yet been received.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home