Sunday, March 26, 2006

I Wonder

I could be making something out of nothing, but I wonder if mainstream, institutionalized blogs will eventually replace structured commentary. A blog, in my opinion, has the unique potential to be a quick and dirty editorial column - and a realtime editorial column at that. I don't know too many bloggers who submit their posts for peer review before publication.

True, the subject of the blog might be on one's mind for quite some time, but the actual transcription - again, in my experience - is fast and oftentimes shortsighted. By simply perusing a variety of blogs, it's easy to find remarks, apologies, and other forms of revisionist afterthought. An editorial column, on the other hand, is painstakingly considered, researched, discussed, written, reviewed, rewritten, and ultimately released (hopefully).

I would liken the blog to the little bar at the bottom of CNBCCBC-Jazeera. You know what I am talking about: that little scrolling newsreel that spits events at you thirty-seven seconds after they happen. I have actually seen typos in those newreels, just as I have noticed typos in my blog after the fact.

Well, folks, "breakfast is served." We can discuss in greater detail later. In the mean time, I leave you with a Gnome Party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home