Wednesday, March 22, 2006

WebEx

My Wednesday morning boredom persists. Let's explore why.

I am currently hosting a WebEx, which, in layman's terms, means my computer is a surrogate host for a web-based training session. It's as if I am holding a book for someone else to read. In a perverted sense, I am being paid to stare at my computer screen. I am literally doing nothing.

This issue, this horrible misallocation of refined human capital, poses a provocative question: from a philosophical perspective, is it Right - yes, capital "R" - to knowingly pay someone to strive for mediocrity? If we separate ourselves from the issue's specificities, the aforementioned question can be compressed thusly:

Is it right to resign oneself to a mundane existence?

Philosophers, scholars, and peons alike have all spent lifetimes wrestling with this question. I, on the other hand, have found the answer. Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Yes, but...

My boredom, for better of worse, provides intellectual clarity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Wonder said...

ezTalks is the world's leading online video conferencing provider that enables you to connect with people anywhere and anytime.
webex video problems
web conference tools
skype desktop

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home