Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Retirees

In the past month, three men, all great in their own right, have dropped from the running in their respective races. I wanted to honor each of them with their own words.

Fidel Castro: “I know that imprisonment will be harder for me than it has ever been for anyone, filled with cowardly threats and hideous cruelty. But I do not fear prison, as I do not fear the fury of the miserable tyrant who took the lives of 70 of my comrades. Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me.”

Ron Paul: “Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.”

Brett Favre: “He'd say, ‘You know what your problem is? You just get bored. We're up and it's just too boring to take the check-down and dump it off. Oh no, you've got to be John Wayne.’ And he was right.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home