Monday, February 25, 2008

Wedding Speeches

Excerpts from a conversation I had this morning with an experienced wedding goer...

J: I'm not sure I fully understand. They decided to allow you to be in the wedding?
D: Apparently [I am in the "wedding party" album].
J: And what is more, you are in the role of one who must speak publicly [best man]?
D: That's the rumor. I mean, sure, I'm flattered, but nervous as well.
J: Ha.
D: I will need you there in spirit.
J: Fuck that. I am getting a tux and mimicking your every move. We'll be "best mens."
D: I love it. Consider it doneski.
J: Haha.
D: We can do it just to see if anyone notices. Then, we can give the best man speech in rounds -- like "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."
J: It would have to start as "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," otherwise it would be too hard to get on que. And then gradually work in a line about loving being a journey -- yadda, yadda, let's get hammered.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dietsch said...

I'll allow it.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home