Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Buzzwords

I am consultant.

I perform enterprise-wide, mission-critical tasks as part of value-added solutions. My life is a jumbled collection of jargon, hyphens, acronyms, buzzwords, boilerplate language and lies.

Last Friday, my computer crashed and our tech department had to "flash" my hard drive, which, of course, reconfigured all of my customized settings. Including my saved MS Word dictionary. So now I have to start from scratch. All of those great neologisms - consultantisms, if you will - are gone. That little red Microsoft "look here, idiot" line is all over my screen. I hate it and wish it not well.

I want my dictionary back.

3 Comments:

Blogger veebee said...

here's another word for you to add to your dictionary: blogorgy. it is now a member of the highly acclaimed urban dictionary.

4:27 PM  
Blogger mtkobes said...

veebee has made you famous.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Oh, come on now. The eminent Doctor was already famous. Is he now...infamous?

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home