Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Tangled Webb

Good question, Mr. Lee.

And the answer, I'd say, is quite simple. Jim Webb was out of line.

Like you, I received all my information from the media, and I can only assume they employed some degree of artistic license when presenting "fact." But, from what I gathered, Mr. Webb undoubtedly exhibited a "patent disrespect for the presidency," not to mention a complete disregard for civility between two colleagues.

I do not expect Webb, or any legislator for that matter, to like Bush. But Webb's comments were unnecessary and counterproductive, sending "the message" that is he just as partisan as those he ushered out the door. And to make it worse, Webb sent the message that the incoming Democrats have no desire to work with the Bush administration, let alone the Republicans. If Webb can't even speak with Bush, how can they effectively govern together?

I do hope Webb is severely reprimanded for his exchange with Bush. He only had one first impression, and he sure screwed it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home