Monday, August 14, 2006

Meet Charlene

I would like you all to meet the new lady in my life, Charlene. She stands six feet tall, has a deep red complexion, and stole my heart the first time I saw her.

That said, let's talk what we want to accomplish this week:
  • Replace Fluids. I'm talking engine oil, coolant, tranny and t-case lubricant, differential fluids, et cetera. Pulling all the plugs and replacing the fluids will be a good fifteen hours worth of work (at least).
  • Tune Up. Fairly simple process, but also time-intensive. I need to replace the rotor, cap, wires, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, and a few hoses.
  • Drain Gas Tank. This is probably the most difficult task of the week. Considering her age - only twenty-four years young - there are probably a few nuts and bolts that are "frozen" and unwilling to come off peacefully. These will have to be, more than likely, broken off and replaced with fresh stainless steel.

Once these three tasks are complete, I want to start Charlene for the first time. With any luck, she will fire right up, but I am concerned that the carburetor went south for the winter. If so, there will be little to report this weekend. Otherwise, fun pictures to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home